Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The first Egyptian 3D game

Have you ever heard about the first Egyptian 3D game? It's called Abou 7adeed (previously named Boo7a) and it's based on the character of Mohamed Saad's famous movie "Boo7a" and how he and his friends rally together to take revenge on evil-doers. I'm officially the first one to buy the final version of this game :) Although I'm not into gaming at all but I just got very excited about the idea of playing a game with Egyptian characters, culture, folklore, environment...etc, specially when I met the young, talented and ambitious developers of the game, and founders of Khayal Interactive Entertainment, AhmedEl-Deeb, Mostaf Ashour and Ahmed Sabri, at last year's Cairo ICT when they where promoting there game at TE Data's booth.
My game download progress has reached 71% (of approx 378 MB), so I will be writing a review about the game very soon :) Till then, watch the video below, it will give you an idea about the game.

Update: After my download reached 96%, some one from TE Data called and asked me to reconfigure my router with him on the phone, so I had to pause my download. When I tried to resume it later, the file I was downloading disappeared from Abo 7adeed's server! DAP keeps displaying the "File requested does not exist" message :@ I contacted support@abo7adeed.com, few minutes later I got a "delivery failure" message!! So I had to contact info@khayalie.com directly. Hope they are not one of those wait-48-hours-to-get-a-reply companies!

Update 2: About 4 or 5 hours after I sent the email to Khayal IE, I thought about trying the download for the last time before going to sleep, and IT WORKED! Few minutes later, I was installing the game :) The installation ran for a few minutes then it returned an error message. The file is corrupted! :( I sent another email to Khayal and went to sleep. I woke up next day to find a message from them telling me that they have re-uploaded the file and double checked that it's working fine. I downloaded the game again, installed it and happily played till level 4 (or 5, can't remember exactly). I'm not going to review the game now, but I'll just give ratings about a few aspect about the game:
Gameplay: 6/10
Graphics: 7/10
Sound: 4/10
Value: 6/10
Overall rating: 5.75
Final comment:
Not very good, but not that bad either (if you compare it to international games). BUT it's a excellent start for the Egyptian games, but will need TONS of work/improvements if they are planning to publish another version of this game.
Wait for the detailed review....