Monday, August 27, 2007

Top 10 Reasons Firefox "Owns" Internet Explorer

  1. Tabbed Browsing
    Firefox rocks at tabbed browsing. Not only does the tabbed browsing work really well, but it also is blazing fast! Tabbed browsing in Firefox completely dominates and should embarrass the tab browsing developers at Microsoft.
  2. When Windows Crashes, Firefox Recovers Your Tabs!
    If you use Windows, you will have lots of crashes! I love how Windows is CLUELESS on what the heck was open after recovering from a crash. I mean, on top of it crashing on me, it makes me log back in, re-launch whatever I had open, and then make me want to kill myself. The saving grace I have now is Firefox saves all the latest tabs I had open, and asks me if I'd like to open them! What a concept! Thanks Fox for making my Windows Blue Screen of Death experiences slightly more enjoyable.
  3. Find Stuff On Web Pages Without A Pop Up Box!
    I hate when I try and find something on a web page in Internet Explorer! It creates a "pop up box" for me! which I then type in, and it try's to show me where it found things... Firefox Find is not intrusive at all, and super fast! It will even highlight multiple instances of the search term, so I can skim the document quickly.
  4. Way Faster than Internet Explorer
    Firefox is super fast! Even after Windows crashing, Firefox will load your many tabbed pages instantly at the same time, and your CPU does not get totally used and destroyed, and you have plenty of RAM left! I dare you to load 10 Internet Explorer 6 windows, or even load 10 windows in "tabbed" browsing in Internet Explorer 7. I hope you have an infinite supply of RAM.
  5. Customizable, and Plug-In Friendly
    It's so easy to download awesome plug-ins for Firefox! It's easy to install them, and it's easy to remove them if you don't like them. Internet Explorer didn't even have this ability until Internet Explorer 7, which is useless anyway for another 100 reasons I'm not even going to bother going into.
  6. Great Download Manager
    Firefox has an awesome download manager that shows you the progress of your downloads, lets you specify default download locations, and lets you keep things clean. Try downloading multiple items in Internet Explorer and your poor taskbar will start sucking wind fast!
  7. Simple User Interface
    Simple is awesome, and Firefox understands this. Internet Explorer is freaking complicated! The way I rate a user interface successful is by the interface behaving how I expect. If I click things, and they don't do what I think they should do, I get upset because that's a bad interface!
  8. Less Crashing
    Internet Explorer crashes all the freaking time! You'd think the browser made by the company that wrote the operating system, and integrated into the operating system, would not crash! Wait... I get it.. lol. I have yet to see Firefox Crash!
  9. Small Install!
    Internet Explorer is the biggest browser I have ever seen. Firefox is a 5MB file, and Internet Explorer is at least a 20MB download depending on your options.
  10. Built-In Google Searching
    Google rocks, so does Firefox with Google Toolbar. Internet Explorer does not rock, and neither does MSN Search. If you use Internet Explorer, you have to know how to change the default search provider, where as Firefox comes built in with Google Search, and the Google Toolbar!